Second Nature Gardens were commissioned by the Rainbow’s Children Hospice to create a garden at the prestigious Chelsea Flower Show. To enhance the experience and inject a modern dimension they wanted to include a digital installation that would interact with garden visitors.
The unique garden built by Second Nature Gardens in association with Derry’s Nurseries, was designed specifically for hospice staff, parents and children as an area that promoted relaxation and reflection.
To enhance the overall experience and inject a modern dimension into the show an interactive installation was developed by Working Solutions in conjunction with other partners. The digital installation combines audio stimulation, with visitor profile recognition to trigger a series of digital projections within the garden environment.
The software behind the installation was powered by a special plug-in from our partner Quividi, which can detect and distinguish between age and gender.
The digital installation combines audio stimulation, with visitor profile recognition to trigger a series of digital projections within the garden environment.
Features and Benefits
- Software was developed to use a unique app developed by Quividi.
- Able to distinguish between females, males and old and young people .
- First digital installation to be installed at Chelsea Flower Show.
- The Garden Won the Silver Medal Award.
- Helped to attract a younger demographic to the show.